Friday, December 3, 2010

Information Sharing

You may pick up your check stub from me during normal business hours.

If you do not have a locker yet, please be sure you come sign up for one when you are on days again. If you do not want a locker please come sign the form stating that you do not want a locker.

If you have a locker and would like to grant me permission to place your check stub in your locker each week, see me to sign up.

If you need safety gear for slabbing rolls or splitting rolls on the guillotine please be sure to let me know. If you leave me a note in my box I can get the supplies to you. We need to be cutting as much broke and rolls as possible on night shift. Using the guillotine to split rolls greatly reduces our furnish cost, and I expect every crew on nights to begin running the guillotine throughout the night. With four people on every crew now I believe there is no reason we cannot accomplish just as much work on night shift as we do on day shift.

We had a very good month in November. We produced 2720 tons of A quality paper, our yielded cost was under budget at $412 per ton, and we accomplished all of these things safely! This is an outstanding achievement and in my opinion a sign of things to come. I believe we are all setting a new standard for excellence in this facility, and I expect to see us continue to improve in all aspects of production, cost, and most importantly safety. If you have any ideas or observations that you feel may improve any part of our operation, please do not hesitate to share it with someone in management. My door is always open to you.

I will be putting out some new safety rules regarding pedestrian traffic in the wastepaper warehouse. I will distribute these guidelines to each crew as well as speak to each crew regarding the policies.

I will also be requiring face shields for anyone cutting or chopping wire with the wire chopper. The shields have been ordered and will be distributed as soon as they arrive.

Thank you all for your hard work!

Don B.

Remember Our Keys to Success: SAFETY, QUALITY, COST!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment